What Causes Foot Pain?
Feet carry the weight of a person and are put under great strain each and every day. Many conditions or issues can be to blame for foot pain such as:
What Should I Do to Prevent Foot Pain?
There are simple techniques and choices which can help prevent pain, injury, and other issues which include:
- Get to or maintain a healthy weight for your height.
- Wear proper and supportive footwear, when exercising or playing sports.
- Avoid wearing flip-flops too much because they don’t provide enough protection or support.
- Avoid pointed toe shoes because they can put pressure on feet and toes.
- Wear supportive, cushioning shoes, especially if you stand a lot.
- Avoid walking around barefoot.
When Should I See the Doctor?
- You see observe of infection such as red streaks, pain, swelling, fever, pus, or warmth at the site
- Your foot problem does not improve
- Your foot becomes pale, white, blue, or cold
- You cannot move your foot or stand
- Your foot is twisted or deformed
- Your foot is numb or tingling
- You have bruises which last longer than a few days
If you experience a foot-related emergency, proceed to the ER or call 911 immediately. We are your New Port Richey Foot pain specialist. Call us at 727-842-9504 to make an appointment. Dr. Zafar will sit down with you and discuss options to proceed with.
8AM – 430PM Mon
8AM – 430PM Tue
8AM – 430PM Wed
8AM – 430PM Thu
730AM – 3PM Fri
Closed – Sat and Sun