Suffering from: Heel pain New Port Richey?
Frequently, the cause of heel pain is a condition known as plantar fasciitis, but can also be due to calcaneal bursitis. These conditions together, are also known as heel spur syndrome. Other conditions or issues can cause heel pain as well including a stress fracture, nerve irritation, arthritis, tendonitis, or less frequently a cyst. Call us to correct Heel pain in New Port Richey.
Heel pain New Port Richey
What is plantar fasciitis?
The inflammation or swelling of the plantar fascia, a band of tissue which connects the base of the foot to the heel. The irritation of this ligament can cause swelling and cause pain throughout the heel and foot. The irritation is usually caused by structural issues within the foot itself.
What causes plantar fasciitis?
Wearing un-supportive shoes, especially when standing or walking on hard, flat surfaces, can also strain the fascia and cause discomfort. A bony spur can contribute to the issue as well and is present in numerous cases. This gives the condition the other name of heel spur syndrome.
How Will My Heel Pain Be Treated?
- Stretching ease pain in the calf
- Avoid being barefoot
- Icing for 20 minutes a few times a day to ease swelling
- Shoe modifications with good arch support
- Limiting certain activities
- Using medications including NSAIDs
- Pads in the shoes and straps to support the fascia
- Custom orthotic devices can help to correct structural issues
- Wearing a splint at night
- A walking cast can be used to keep the foot immobile for a while which helps it heal
- Corticosteroid injections can assist with reducing pain and swelling
Tried everything under the sun? Perhaps its time for regenerative medicine/stem cells
Call us at 727-842-9504 to make an appointment. Dr. Zafar will sit down with you and discuss options to proceed with.
8AM – 430PM Mon
8AM – 430PM Tue
8AM – 430PM Wed
8AM – 430PM Thu
730AM – 3PM Fri
Closed – Sat and Sun